- Added support for custom post types (Thanks Thierry)
- Added i18n support (Thanks Thierry)
- Fixed issue where expiration date was not shown in the correct timezone in the footer
- Fixed issue where on some systems the expiration did not happen when scheduled
In addition, I have also doing resting on the 3.1 trunk – and we should be good to go there. Let me know if anyone notices anything out of whack!
The plugin can be downloaded at the WordPress Plugins Page. Happy New Year!
The latest version of the Post Expirator plugin is now available! I have fixed the compatibility issues with WordPress (still works on WordPress MU), added the ability to expire posts/pages on the minute and fixed the timezone issue to pull from the timezone configured for WordPress. I have also done some initial testing on the 3.0 alpha trunk – and everything works as advertised!
The plugin can be downloaded at the WordPress Plugins Page. Enjoy!
I have created a SourceForge project to assist in tracking the number of features and bug reports that have came in via blog comments.Â I did my best to populate things based on the current comments – however please add and update as necessary.Â My goal is to find time in the next few weeks to start working on some of the current issues and additional feature requests.
SourceForge Project: https://sourceforge.net/projects/post-expirator/
Please post all new features and bugs on the SF project page instead of in blog comments!
Thanks everyone for all the feedback!
The 1.3.1 release is now available and can be downloaded at the WordPress Plugins Page.Â This release fixes a problem which caused some installs to not delete posts at expiration time.Â Enjoy!
This should be the last of the rapid releases for a while.Â The 1.3 release addresses most if not all of the known issues and feature requests that were reported to me.Â I also added a few new features.Â The plugin can be downloaded at the WordPress Plugins Page.Â Enjoy!
- Expiration date is now retained across all post status changes
- Modified date/time format options for shortcode postexpirator tag
- Added the ability to add text automatically to the post footer if expiration date is set
There are currently 3 valid attributes that can be used with the [postexpirator] shortcode:
- dateformat – overrides the default date setting
- timeformat – overrides the default time setting
- type – full, date or time – defaults to full
For more information on the date/time format see the PHP Date Function.
The post footer text has 3 variables which can be used that will be replaced with the post expiration date/time.Â The date and time format defaults will be used.Â The options are:
As always, please report any problems!
Changes in version 1.2:
- Changed wording from "Expiration Date" to "Post Expirator" and moved the configuration options to the "Settings" tab.
- Added shortcode tag [postexpirator] to display the post expiration date within the post
- Added new setting for the default format
- Fixed bug where expiration date was removed when a post was auto saved
It can be downloaded at the WordPress Plugins Page.Â Enjoy!
This is a minor release which add’s the ability to retain the expiration date after the post is reverted back to the draft status.
It can be downloaded at the WordPress Plugins Page.
The Post Expirator plugin allows the user to set expiration dates for
both posts and pages. There is a configuration option page in the
plugins area that will allow you to separately control whether or not
posts/pages are either deleted or changed to draft status.
The plugin hooks into the wp-cron process and runs every hour.Â It was designed and developed to work with WordPress MU, however it will not work in the mu-plugins folder due to how the plugin activation is setup to register the cron hooks.
It can be downloaded from the WordPress Plugin Directory – http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/post-expirator/
Let me know if anyone encounters any issues and I hope you enjoy it!