WordPress Post Expirator 1.4 Released

The latest version of the Post Expirator plugin is now available!  I have fixed the compatibility issues with WordPress (still works on WordPress MU), added the ability to expire posts/pages on the minute and fixed the timezone issue to pull from the timezone configured for WordPress.  I have also done some initial testing on the 3.0 alpha trunk – and everything works as advertised!

The plugin can be downloaded at the WordPress Plugins Page.  Enjoy!

8 Responses to WordPress Post Expirator 1.4 Released

1. Hi — I love your Post Expirator — worked like a charm. However, after I upgraded to your latest version, it’s not been working right — I set the expiration time and the post appears for a little while, but then expires and goes to draft status — although the correct expiration date/time still appears on the post. My time settings for the blog are correct. Any idea why this could be happening? Thanks!

2. Aaron Axelsen says:

What version of WP are you using? How long does the post stick around? Does it disappear at the minute mark that you have the expiration set to?

3. Anonymous says:

Hi! I am using WP 2.9.2. As soon as I enable Post Expirator for the Post and choose a date and time, save and close the post, the post appears for like one refresh, then disappears again. When I go back to the post to see what happened, Post Expirator is still enabled, my expiration date/time appear just as I’ve set them, but the post no longer appears on the site, as it has changed to Draft status. Thanks!!

4. Aaron Axelsen says:

I setup a fresh install for 2.9.2, set the timezone, installed the Post Expirator plugin (left all settings default) – and the expire functions worked as expected. Is there anything weird about your install? Can you provide some more information about the server environment its hosted on?

5. Robin Cannon says:

Hi.

Really great plugin, exactly the kind of functionality that I’m looking for.

I have one question, which is to do with sorting options. I’m putting together a website that lists events as blog posts, and I want to sort them by expiration date. The plugin obviously allows me to easily *set* the expiration date, but I’m unsure as to how to use that variable for sorting the posts. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

6. Aaron Axelsen says:

The date is stored as a utc unix timestamp as a standard ticket meta item so you should be able to pull out the meta key “expiration-date” and do any sorted needed.

7. Jill says:

Rather than change the status to draft, could you please provide info (which script and sql) to simply change the category to an ‘Expired’ category?

8. Oliver says:

Hello,

I’ve been looking for a similar plug in for a long time, there’s just one tweak I’d love to be able to see to yours.

I run a coupon site and rather than delete every coupon as it expires I would like ‘EXPIRED:’ to appear at the front of the title. Is this possible?